Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 telometo247

telometo247

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:16 PM

i let my litle cousins use my computer and know the screen is sideways, in have to put my monitor on its side you use it. please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:50 PM

:thumbsup: to BC telometo247,

Go to the Control Panel, click on Display. In the 'Display Properties' window click on the 'settings' tab. Click on the 'Advanced' button. A new window will appear which probably has a bunch of tabs (how many and what they are called depends on what graphics card you have) one of them should be "Rotation" or "Orientation" or similar. There you should find a selection of choices for your display - you want "standard". While you are there check the 'hotkeys' and (if possible) remove the hotkeys for other rotations so it won't be so easy to mess up your computer in future.

hth :flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 telometo247

telometo247
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:23 AM

thank you that worked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users