Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF Software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hello i'm running into an issue with PDF's. I'm not a huge fan of Adobe so i have been installing Fox IT reader. The issue i run into is for example if i go on a site and try to open a form to print i would have to save it to my pc then print i have no problem doing that but users don't like extra steps. so i reverted back to Adobe 10 and for the most part its working fine. Now the issue i'm having with a specific user is that if fox it is installed it won't download the document from the site. when Adobe is installed it downloads the document but an error pops up when trying to print. In all cases the users are on Windows XP and using Internet Explorer. Any Insight?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

I use FoxIt reader, I've not experienced the problem you describe.

My guess is that there is corruption in your installation and I would uninstall FoxIt and reinstall.

Are you saying that there are no print options...in your browser...when attempting to print .pdf files from the Internet?

Louis

#3 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

No i get the print options but for example from a certain site i will get the prompt under the browser as if i was going to download an Active X plug-in. Once i click on that nothing happens.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Well...if you tell us exactly what site...and exactly what steps you take and at what point you think that there is a problem...someone can try the same procedures and we can find out if it's a website problem or a problem on your system.

Louis

#5 Guest_trizicus_*

Guest_trizicus_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

I second Foxit Reader, fast and low footprint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users