Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:20 PM
I will explain the best I can, if you have any suggestions or any idea whats going on please help me >.<
I have checked everywhere online for help or information and to no alas I am screwed. I have not had a virus in over 5 years and this one breaks them all. I was streaming some Anime and it said to update my Adobe flash so I dumbly clicked ok. This is what it did:
1. It locked my Task Manager. (I fixed this with regedit)
2. Its making all my websites auto go to a random spam site.
3. It cleared my Start Menu. The menu is there its just empty.
4. It cleared my desktop icons. My background is still in place. All it left was the "Me" and the "My Computer" icons. (Clicking them takes me to an empty folder)
5. It cleared all of my PC drives. Its like all of my files are invisible.. The files are there I know they are, I just cant see or access them, and no they are not Hidden I checked.
I have tried 4 Virus scanners, and many others. I also tried in safe mode and DSKCHK. Nothing is finding anything. Also as a side note everything I install or save shows up. Its like its only hiding my old files/icons.
I used Malwarebytes, Ad-Aware, Bazooka, AVG. I also tried them all twice in Safe Mode.
I simply cannot just do a Full Reformat, that is out of the question.. I know my files are still here or else my background would be blank and my hard drive would have less space. Also all the scanners see my files. I have a backup drive, but it was hooked up when this happened and also is infected..... I can't risk losing my files. I hope you guys can help me ><