Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I like sound and Bass too!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mighttuss

Mighttuss

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

I like to say first off Hello everyone at Bleeping Computer!I have had sound problem for sometime now.This computer I build it lastyear.My problem is not my speakers.The bass I have does work.But when I do get the bass to fire up,I start getting a echo.So I turn it back off.I like the bass tho cause when I am playing world of warcraft it sound bad as hell.And when the speakers and bass work right it gives the movies I watch what it need as well.
The software I am running is C-media CM6501,driver 5.12.08.1701(75) Xear 3D CRL3D EAX2.0 A3D1.0 I have posted about this on other boards,was took threw some steps,but never got the bass and speaker to fire up at all with out their being a echo. So I was just wondering is their some kind of software,I can download that would fix my sound and bass problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Off the top of my head, it sounds as if there is a microphone on that's causing the ringing....ensure that there are no mics plugged in (to include bluetooth headsets) and disable any built-in mics.

Let us know if this works or not, and we'll go from there. :thumbup2:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Mighttuss

Mighttuss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Thanks stevealmighty for your help! I do not have a microphone plugged in.I am now going to list some of the steps I took to try to fix this problem.
1.Uninstalled C-media
2.uninstalled PnP audio device
3.Rebooted
4.When I turned windows Vista back on PnP installed by its self!
5.Got out Asus Setup disc found Audio Driver for C-media and reinstalled.

Still could not get bass to play along with the speakers.I as well did a search of the subject and it looks like this problem been going on for sometime with C-Media CM6501.So of the steps I found to fix this problem I did not understand what they was talking out.But What I did understand was the sound is hooked in to the wires where you hook up your USB.Thanks for any help you can give me.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

Is your sound card updated to the latest drivers available for it?

Could you provide links to the sites that you found where you didn't understand what they were saying?
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Mighttuss

Mighttuss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thank Steve for trying to help me.As far as I can tell the drivers all up to date!I had to research the subject again to find the post were they did some stuff that quit does not go in to detail what they was doing.You might can read threw the post and sum it up for me Steve.Once again thanks Steve!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=379429

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

I'm not sure...I'll have to pass this off to the pros...let me see if we can't get someone else to weigh in on this...
Posted Image

#7 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

Hi Mighttuss,

The link you are pointing to in Post #5 is referring to a sound problem in Ubuntu Linux.

From what I'm gathering, you're using Windows Vista. So we have some more insight into your computer, please follow the instructions below.

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button. Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

Posted Image

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot You will see the following prompt:

Posted Image

Click Yes , then Copy to Clipboard

Posted Image

Now, right-click on any empty space in your reply box and click Paste.

You have just posted your specs!

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

So you are using Ubuntu instead of Windows? There could be an issue with the Alsa Sound card drivers and your sound card. Did you get this in Windows?

#9 Mighttuss

Mighttuss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Everyone for your help! I have a bigger problem,and this problem might explan my sound problems.I had a virus and the way it looks I had more then one virus.It all started with a update from Java! Not sure this had any thing to do with.I now need help to make sure I have my own computer under control.Thanks again for your help!

#10 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

Hello Mighttuss,

Can you give us a little more information about this/these viruses on your computer?
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users