Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitman Pro 3.5 alternative?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sixister

sixister

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

Since Hitman Pro 3.5 no longer provides a free 30 day trial, I need to seek an alternative.

Malwarebytes almost ALWAYS leaves rootkits and infected .sys files behind. It's good for removing the primary infection, but even if I find the infected .sys file, right-click it and tell Malwarebytes to scan it, it does not recognize it as an infection.

Hitman Pro 3.5 was awesome at removing these infections, but it is no longer free. Now all I can do is scan with Hitman Pro's "trial" and then manually remove the files Malwarebytes leaves behind (Hitman will find the infections now, but will not remove them unless you pay).

Does anybody have a good alternative?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Curiousp

Curiousp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

Since Hitman Pro 3.5 no longer provides a free 30 day trial, I need to seek an alternative.

Malwarebytes almost ALWAYS leaves rootkits and infected .sys files behind. It's good for removing the primary infection, but even if I find the infected .sys file, right-click it and tell Malwarebytes to scan it, it does not recognize it as an infection.

Hitman Pro 3.5 was awesome at removing these infections, but it is no longer free. Now all I can do is scan with Hitman Pro's "trial" and then manually remove the files Malwarebytes leaves behind (Hitman will find the infections now, but will not remove them unless you pay).

Does anybody have a good alternative?

You might want to also try SuperAntiSpyware and SpyBot S & D. They might be useful in eliminating the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users