Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello All

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lawrance77

lawrance77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

My name is Lawrance,

I have used and still use this great website's malware removal guides for a few yrs now. I have an Associate degree in Computing Networking & Management, and I am also an A+ certified IT Technician. I work hard to get my AA degree, but I feel lacking compare to what other school our in terms of course. I did not learn how to use dos much or batch files/scripts. Just what they are, no projects using them which makes me sad. I did learn is to not to be scared, and just do projects myself if I what to learn more. We had spend 2 months on Linux which I enjoyed, but have not used since....that's my fault. We also spent 2 months on Cisco and we had to build and break down the network physically by hand every night....that took up most of the class. I also have not used or needed, and most likely forgot much of the telnet we used to make/test the network, even though I feel it would not take much time with my Cisco book and simulator to get back to were I left off. I was so gun ho when I graduated, right after I got my diploma I got my A+Cert, which at the time 2008 my teacher told me that would be the cert to get my foot in the door. Well off i went into the job market.....I soon realized that most employers offering the entry level IT jobs of my dreams were looking for employees with experience and MS Certs.

Anyhow, I found a job doing inbound technical customer service for an outsource company in FL that did technical support for AT+T which at the time, being right out of college I thought I was on my way, with the sky as the limit. Well it turned out it was a big giant call center like a high school with about 1,800 phone IT workers, mostly people never having IT experience, that was rough , but I learn how to calm a customer down, and how to work under stress...not the idea environment, but hey, with this website and the right tools I could fix 70-85% percent of the malware I found. Well I now I work for myself, and do online chat and or phone IT support and would like to be able to remove 95%-99% of any malware in a efficient manner, not just running scans, I love malwarebytes , but there are companies that will not allow the use of malware bytes. I want to apply for your "Malware Removal Training", so i may learn to removal these evils manually but it seems like there has been no slots available forever. Is there any update on admission?

Well there you have it, my introduction and trainig program question all in one =)

PS- yes post college has not gone like like I dreamed it would, but I could not imagine with my life would be like without it.

I like my new telephone, my computer works just fine, my calculator is perfect, but Lord, I miss my mind! ~Author Unknown

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Regarding the Malware School I think you just need to check back regularly as one never knows when new slots will open up.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users