Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Directx 6.1 Interface Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tweener

Tweener

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:27 PM

BIOS: eSupport custom upgrade for ASUS Hawk motherboard (HP Pavilion 6553)
CPU: PowerLeap Upgrade with 1.1GHz Celeron on 100MHz FSB
Chipset: i810 with onboard graphics disabled in BIOS
DirectX version installed: 9.0c
Graphics card: PCI EVGA eGeForce MX 4000 128MB
Graphics drivers: Latest available from nVidia for GeForce on Win98SE

Problem:

I can run all my games very well except those that use the DirectX 6.1 interface. These include Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Omicron: The Nomad Soul, and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. These games worked fine on the old i810 graphics chip before the PCI graphics card was installed. After I installed the card, these and many others did not work properly until I upgraded my BIOS, which fixed most of the problems. (Old BIOS would not allow me to completely disable onboard graphics, it had to be done in Device Manager.) The DX6.1 games either immediately crash to the desktop just as the 3D graphics should appear, or give an error involving an invalid page fault in Ddhelp.exe. I can post info from Everest Home Edition if needed. Any suggestions?

Edited by Tweener, 26 December 2005 - 12:30 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary - and those that don't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users