Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning DVDs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gregmichalski

gregmichalski

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

Trying to burn DVDs. There in .MPG on my computer and play perfect with VLC. Try using Infrarecroder to burn the DVDs either to play on my TV or to just back up and store in the fire safe.

Getting "Is the VIDEO_TS file present" What is that? do i need to burn a DISK Image, iso file? I am really confused. USing DVD-R disks with a drive i know works

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Windows XP doesn't contain built-in support for burning DVDs, IIRC.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

This is one tool that should work for you to convert the .mpg files to a dvd image. Hey, it's free and
has been recommended by a BC user in the Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps.

DVD Flick

Features
Posted Image
  • Burn near any video file to DVD
  • Support for over 45 file formats
  • Support for over 60 video codecs
  • Support for over 40 audio codecs
  • Easily add a menu
  • Add your own subtitles
  • Easy to use interface
  • Burn your project to disc after encoding
  • Completely free without any adware, spyware or limitations

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 gregmichalski

gregmichalski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

thanks buddy! DVD flick helped with disk image and video-TS files, but now when i used infrarecorder to burn a disk with that project (after DVD flick did its thing) it say all kinds of crap like can't write more that the disk capicity. that is strange since at the bottom it says it will be only half full, and i manually checked the files and there only 2.4gig and i have a DVD-R that is 4.4gig. It starts and burns the disk image fine but then the capicity thing comes up. Can you recommend a better burning program that isn't nero :-)

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

I've used this one to burn .ISOs and other image backups. Always worked. Look it over and see what you think.
ImgBurn - AlternativeTo.net

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

Maybe your drive doesn't like that particular brand of DVD-R. Can you try a better quality DVD-R. maybe that would work.
I know they are expensive, but, sometimes worth it.
I'm having trouble with the Memorex DVD-RW, and DVD-DL. Lots of coasters. Switching to a better quality DVD solved the problem.

If the ISO Image or VIDEO_TS is too large, you could always shrink it DVDshrink. But from what your saying, I'm thinking it's poor quality DVD's.

Imgburn is all I ever use to burn. Works great. (I burn a lot)

Hope it helps.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

Yes, and two DVD brands that I would recommend are Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

#8 kingjoser

kingjoser

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:40 AM

try another burning program. like ashampoo burning studio. there is a free version. google it. its good

#9 SassyAtasha

SassyAtasha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:55 AM

Try using Easy Avi/Divx/Xvid to DVD Burner. It's very easy to use. Create high quality DVDs at a high rate from videos with Avi, Divx and Xvid format and convert video files directly to a DVD and it burns them in the disk in just a few steps.

#10 kingjoser

kingjoser

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Better yet. I would recommend ConvertXToDvd. Its fast,easy to use and comes with a built in dvd burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users