Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java on Firefox 4

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ganna

ganna

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hi all,

Just updated to Firefox 4 on my MacBook and everything seems to be fine except that Java isn't working! The Java installed does seem to be latest one (did a software update to be sure but problem still there) and also when I open the same website using Safari it works perfectly. In Firefox though I get told that I need to download the plugin; I follow the step but the window says "No suitable plug-ins were found".

I looked at the Add-ons that are installed in Firefox and I have Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers 13.4.0.. This is enabled (tried disabling and then enabling again but still nothing).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

My MacBook specs just in case are the following:
Mac OS X Version 10.6.7
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Java 13.4.0

If anything else is required please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Jane
It's great being an anorak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users