Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Diagnostic - additional info

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John A60

John A60

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hello

I am new to these forums and unsure whether this is the correct formum to post my comment.

I recently followed your instructions at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-diagnostic to remove Windows Diagnostic on a friend's XP computer.

The computer was successfully cleaned except that Windows Diagnostic had mischieviously changed the properties of "Documents and Settings" folder and all subfolders to "Hidden". So My Documents, Favourites, Start Menu, Desktop settings, etc, could not be seen or accessed. I fixed this by unhiding all the folders that should not be hidden (by comparing folder properties on another XP computer)

I thought that you could consider adding this information to your removal instructions.

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thank you for letting us know. We are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users