Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change Keyboard Leyout

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shiva

shiva

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:49 AM

Hi,
I have a latop whose keyboard leyout is uk one.But by mistake when I reinstalled windows xp i choose the us layout due to which I have problem typing my password in the startup.You know that( just for example) in uk keyboard leyout when you press shift+2 then " comes and in us keyboard when you press shift+2 @ comes.My domain login password policy is built in such a way that i must put @ in the password but due to this problem whenever I type password while I start window I mistakely press " and it won't allow me to logon.Since I have more experience on typing on uk leyout compared to us.So I request anyone to please provide me the method to change keyboard leyout from very brginning of startup of windows because I even installed keyboard leyout uk region and setting in control panel it support us leyout on computer startup but only start uk leyout after windows load.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:57 AM

Have you tried lgged on as administrator? if you cannot logon as Administrator you will have to contact your system Administrator.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 shiva

shiva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:14 AM

I think you didn't undrstand.let's for example my password in domain is abc@cdf.Due to installing in us keyboard leyout whenever I try to enter password at logon screen I press " instead of @ due to difference in keyboard leyout.Means upto startup windows is taking us keyboard leyout but after login I can work with uk keyboard leyout in word,excel etc.SO what I need is the methos to change the keyboard to uk completely not only after loading windows

anyway thanks for your reply

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:39 AM

You need to make Global system chances. You have to be Administrator, not User to make changes to the entire system. This would make changes that would load up as Windows loads, not when the user signs on. You are editting User setting not Sytem wide settings.

#5 shiva

shiva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:04 AM

Ok.Then please guide me how to change global system.And I also know the password of administrator account of my computer.
thanks

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:29 AM

You change it the same way as when you are logged in as a user, Start>Control Panal>keyboard. You have to be logged in as Administrator for the chsnge to take effect for the entire system.

#7 shiva

shiva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:58 AM

thanks for your help.I will try and notofy you.

#8 shiva

shiva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:45 AM

there is no such option to change the keyboard leyout when I enter Start>Control Panel>keyboard. So please define the process in little detail so that I can understand.Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users