Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When resuming from LOCK (Start+L) require network password...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xesvuli420

xesvuli420

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

The way it was:
Windows 7 and Windows XP
Upon booting up, Logging ON, or un Locking, if you tried to access the network (say thru Windows Explorer) it would require a Username and Password to access the machine.

The way it is now:
updated the XP to Windows 7, so 2 x Windows 7
Same as above EXCEPT now when you Lock the machine, it doesn't require the username and password.

Basically on Machine "A" I allow my family to share, while Machine "B" are my personal files, etc. On machine "A" we "LOCK" the computer instead of "Log off" because its faster, and someone might be using a program in the background, and have to leave. This didn't use to be a problem for me because when I would "LOCK" it, it would "forget" my network credentials upon the machine being UnLOCKED.

Does anyone know how to get windows to require network credentials every time the machine is UNLOCKED instead of just when its Logged Off, or rebooted?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users