Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Names

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zammer

zammer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:49 AM

The listings of Startup Items require that the "file name" be known. I see no file names STARTUP in the System Configuration Utilty. How do I find them?
Thanks

Edited by Scarlett, 26 December 2005 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:08 AM

Welcome to BC zammer.
I see you tried to make your lettering very large. This is not neccessary sence most of the members have very good eye, and would make it very difficult to read.
Second, The System Configuration Utility only show processes that are started in the Startup section or have been stopped from starting. In msconfig the Startup tab is the second from the top right.
What are you extactly looking for?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

The filename is also usually found within the command section of the startup listing in msconfig. I think your better off with Autoruns though as it makes the info easier to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users