Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

InPageCoFire error status code c0000185

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jessiwelsh

jessiwelsh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

uuuggghhhh, can anyone tell me how to recover the computer from the InPageCoFire error with the status code of c0000185? I can only run my computer in safe mode and it's really getting me irritated!!! HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

That error is caused by a system file being damaged in some way. You ought to be able to repair the damage by using Windows built-in System File Checker utility:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type cmd . When the Instant search results are shown, right-click the cmd.exe entry and choose Run as administrator.. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  • At the command prompt (a black box with white text,) type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
  • Wait for the SFC utility to complete, this may take some time and you may be prompted for your Windows CD or DVD.

This will, with any luck, find and fix the broken file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users