Hello and welcome to the forums!
My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short)
, it's a pleasure to meet you.
I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.
I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
Lets try resetting your router:Router Reset
- Please read this: Malware Silently Alters Wireless Router Settings
- Consult this link to find out what is the default username and password of your router and note down them: Route Passwords
- Then rest your router to it's factory default settings:
"If your machine has been infected by one of these Zlob/DNSchanger Trojans, and your router settings have been altered, I would strongly recommend that you reset the router to its default configuration. Usually, this can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 30 seconds)"
- This is the difficult part.
First get to the routers server. To do that type http:\\192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click Enter. You get the log in window.
Fill in the password you have already found and you will get the configuration page.
Configure the router to allow you to connect to your ISP server. In some routers it is done by a setup wizard. But you have to fill in the log in password your ISP has initially given to you.
You can also call your ISP if you don't have your initial password.
Don't forget to change the routers default password and set a strong password. Note down the password and keep it somewhere for future reference.
- Please make sure of the following settings:
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Double click on Network Connections.
- Right click on your default connection (usually Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection) and select Properties.
- Select the General tab.
- Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Under General tab:
- Select "Obtain an IP address automatically".
- Select "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
twice to save the settings.
if you had to change any setting.[/list][/list]NEXT:Flush the DNS cache
- Click the Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Click on Run
- In the command window copy/paste the following
After that, RebootIf resetting your router does not work do the following:NEXT:Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)
- then hit enter
- Exit the command window.
Please download Rootkit Unhooker
from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)
In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe
file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip
-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL Report
- Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
- Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.
- Click OK.
- Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.
- Save the report to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.
NEXT:Please provide an update on how things are running in your next reply.
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized