Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Presonal Reviews On Pc-cillin?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

I know alot of people on here use the freeware like AVG, etc. I'm trying to get some personal reviews or experiences about Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006. I'm wanting to dump my Norton programs and I have a PC-cillin Int Sec 2006. I haven't installed it yet. Does anyone use it or have used it that can give me some input (pros and cons),etc? Thanks.

Edited by socom 004, 26 December 2005 - 12:08 AM.

HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:30 AM

If you don't mind me asking why don't you choose to use one of the freeware AVs? They are time tested and reliable.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:08 AM

I have nothing against the freeware, I might end up with the AVG. I have the PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 program and I'm curious how it works. One thing for sure, I want to dump the Nortons.
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:15 PM

Fair enough. I was just curious.

Good luck.

#5 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:15 PM

There's a good possibilty that I'll put AVG on it. If I use a freeware for AV and firewall, is there operating instructions to use them? I downloaded Zone Lab's ZoneAlarm once and it had no setup instructions or anything. I couldn't even get off of the main page after the download was over. I guess that is one reason why I get the pay wares, since I'm not computer savvy I need the manuals to explain how to use the programs. Some of the manuals are complicated enough.
I still would like to hear some personal experiences with PC-cillin internet security 2006. My subscription runs out in a month for Norton so I'm trying to make a decision on what I'm going to do.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:26 PM

I use SyGate. The SyGate .pdf Manual. SyGate Free Personal Firewall

#7 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

Thanks, I'll take a look. Your help and input is always appreciated.

#8 DarthSideous666

DarthSideous666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

I am currently using PC-CILLIN 2005 and have not had any problems with the program. TrendMicro has decent and free Technical Support and the programs are simple to use. I will be upgrading to the 2006 version, once I find an online promotional code !

#9 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:33 AM

I am currently using PC-CILLIN 2005 and have not had any problems with the program. TrendMicro has decent and free Technical Support and the programs are simple to use. I will be upgrading to the 2006 version, once I find an online promotional code !

Thanks for the comment, I was beginning to wonder if anyone used anything other thav AVG on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users