Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random "Message from Website" in Yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lamppost32

lamppost32

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hi-

I've been experiencing a random "Message from Webpage" pop up when both my wife and I go to Yahoo Mail. The message appears when we are randomly doing something within Yahoo Mail, and is always the same thing. the 4 messages that pop up are:

"hi"
"hi"
"40386386"
"1"

I have no idea where this is coming from - we've experienced it in Yahoo Mail classic, and the new Yahoo mail beta. It's not the "Yahoo Conversations SPIM, as those appear differently. I've dug through the registry and no record of "40386386" (the only real searchable term here) and nothing shows up. I've run a complete MBAM scan and nothing either.

I'd love to know what it is and where it's coming from, but I'd settle for a way to block IE from popping those types of "message from Webpage" messages up. I have pop-ups blocked, but this isn't a pop-up. This also doesn't appear to be happening in Firefox.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users