Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excessive Runtime Errors at start up, Windows Explorer unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Solar Atrophy

Solar Atrophy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

So sometimes (not all but most) when I start up my computer, I get back to back runtime errors from random programs (usually about 4-5 including AVG, Skype, Power ISO, and others).

After the pop ups I get Windows (not internet) explorer errors. I cannot copy, paste, or rename files; the buttons under the start menu are mostly unresponsive, the buttons on the alt cntrl delete page are mostly unresponsive, and my dock (rocket dock) is unresponsive. Everything else (except the programs that got the errors to begin with) runs fine. I'm thinking it's a Virus because... back to back runtime errors with unrelated programs, just aren't commonplace... at all.

I am on a Windows 7 32-bit PC.

I am usually pretty good at figuring out computer problems, but this one is new to me, and I'm stumped, even on web research. I'd really appreciate the help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users