Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express 6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

I am trying to download my emails from my ISP server to my PC using OE 6.

I am getting the following error meassage

The connection to the server has failed. Server XXXXXXX, account XXXXX, Port:110'Secure(SSL):No, Socket Error:10022,Error Number 0x800CCC0E

I am 100 % sure I have done all the required inputs correctly. Today I loaded my wife's email to her laptop successfully.

Can you provide me some help on this error ?

Thanks

Ramsay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:16 AM

The connection to the server has failed. Server XXXXXXX, account XXXXX, Port:110'Secure(SSL):No, Socket Error:10022,Error Number 0x800CCC0E

I am 100 % sure I have done all the required inputs correctly. Today I loaded my wife's email to her laptop successfully.

Can you provide me some help on this error ?

Thanks

Ramsay

If in fact you are 100% sure of the inputs of data on the OE mail server information. The first thing that comes to mind is firewall permissions are not set to allow connection to the mail server. Unfortunately that error message doesn't lend itself well to easy troubleshooting. Without more information, I'm more or less guessing.

Be (OE error message) Safe

Da Bleeping Advisor, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:48 AM

Thank you for your help.

For some reason my firewall was blocking OE 6. I corrected thant problem.

I have generated two more errors:

0x800ccc90

0x800ccc18

I am check my inputs again.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:37 PM

I have generated two more errors:

0x800ccc90

0x800ccc18

Error code #0x800ccc90:"POP3_RESPONSE_ERROR Client response invalid." From that I think, that a setting that is expected by the server is incorrect. I would contact your ISP for resolution.

Error code #0x800ccc18:" SICILY_LOGON_FAILED Logon attempt failed.". From that I think, the server was unable to generate a message to have you correct what was needed to log on. Again, I think your ISP can assist.

My recommendation at this point would be to remove the OE identity, restart OE then reinput from scratch from the beginning, after consulting with your ISP on the error codes.

Be (ISP server) Safe

Da Bleeping Advisor, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users