Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Display Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnnyCo

JohnnyCo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

I have a very odd problem occuring in both IE8 and Firfox 336 on a Windows XP SP 3 laptop. In both of these browsers, websites are displayed very plain. There are black outlines around pictures and buttons and there doesn't seem to be much of any style or formatting. For example, when I go to yahoo.com, the yahoo logo doesn't appear and all the menu items along the left side "sports, email, news, weather..." are in just plain blue text where normally they would be accompanied by a picture and additional slide out menu when moused over. That said, the flash ads on the site seem to work and flash and java are fully updated. When the problem started, I downloaded Chrome which seems to display perfectly.

So, the problem is only with IE and Firefox. I have tried clearing out all the temps and cookies, retoring to default setting and even running firefox in safe mode but nothing seems to work. I have seen 2 other older posts on this forum with the same issue but they were closed with no responses. I will try to post some screenshots later today but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyCo

JohnnyCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

OK - This is what Yahoo! looks like in both IE8 and FF. Yahoo is just an example, all pages display incorrectly in these 2 browsers but everything works great in Chrome.

Let me know what you think - thanks!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l526/JohnnyComputer/browser.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users