Please download MsnVirRem.zip
and save it to your desktop. Once in place, right click the zip file, and extract the files to your desktop. DO NOT RUN ANYTHING YET
Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode
by hitting the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work.
In the new MsnVirRem folder, that you should have on your desktop, double click MsnVir.bat
and let it run its course. A DOS window should pop up, Let it run until it disappears
, it is scanning your computer so it will take some time.
After it disappears, reboot back into normal mode
, and Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer withKaspersky WebScanner
Next Click on Kaspersky online scanner
, and accept the following prompt.
You will then be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
- This will program will start and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Take note the names and locations of any file it detects but fails to clean.* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
What I need back:Kaspersky Log
Fresh HijackThis Log