Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Csrss.exe Virus, Help Is Needed.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 caleman22

caleman22

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

hello everyone, I need some help with my second computer. It has the two "csrss.exe" processes running. I'm pretty sure one is a virus. I had that same virus on my other computer and got help from you guys to get rid of it. I am still receiving help from someone to get rid of the other virus on my first computer. I know how to get rid of this csrss virus myself, the problem is that none of the programs i open to help me out stay open. regedit closes within 3 seconds after i open it. same with hijack this. i ran spybot and there was't really anything. What can i do to stop programs from closing randomly??

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Skate_Punk_21

Skate_Punk_21

Crapware Killing Canuck!

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:34 PM

Please download MsnVirRem.zip
and save it to your desktop. Once in place, right click the zip file, and extract the files to your desktop. DO NOT RUN ANYTHING YET

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work.

In the new MsnVirRem folder, that you should have on your desktop, double click MsnVir.bat and let it run its course. A DOS window should pop up, Let it run until it disappears, it is scanning your computer so it will take some time.
After it disappears, reboot back into normal mode, and Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with

Kaspersky WebScanner

Next Click on Kaspersky online scanner, and accept the following prompt.

You will then be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Standard
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Take note the names and locations of any file it detects but fails to clean.

* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

What I need back:
Kaspersky Log
Fresh HijackThis Log

If I've helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight: Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users