Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:33 AM
My computer, loaded up with Windows Server 2008 R2, has completely lost Internet access for what seems like no reason. The issue first occurred upon rebooting after adding media streaming and .net framework 3.5 roles and snap ins. I then disabled both of these addons, assuming them to be the culprits. No such luck.
My normally private network has been replaced with an unidentified public network
I get no access to the Internet
Packets are sent very slowly. Just glanced at the screen and it shows 90 packets sent in 20 minutes and none received.
This seems to have only afflicted the computer wired into the network. My two laptops are working on wireless fine.
I have both IPv6 and IPv4 checked and have never had this issue before. I assumed it could have been a driver error, but I've only used the realtek drivers that I downloaded from their website. Additionally, device manager says the card is working properly and the best driver is up to date.
I am completely at a loss here. If anyone has suggestions for such a bizarre turn of events I would be very appreciative.