Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mariocubed

mariocubed

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:33 AM

My computer, loaded up with Windows Server 2008 R2, has completely lost Internet access for what seems like no reason. The issue first occurred upon rebooting after adding media streaming and .net framework 3.5 roles and snap ins. I then disabled both of these addons, assuming them to be the culprits. No such luck.

My normally private network has been replaced with an unidentified public network

I get no access to the Internet

Packets are sent very slowly. Just glanced at the screen and it shows 90 packets sent in 20 minutes and none received.

This seems to have only afflicted the computer wired into the network. My two laptops are working on wireless fine.

I have both IPv6 and IPv4 checked and have never had this issue before. I assumed it could have been a driver error, but I've only used the realtek drivers that I downloaded from their website. Additionally, device manager says the card is working properly and the best driver is up to date.

I am completely at a loss here. If anyone has suggestions for such a bizarre turn of events I would be very appreciative.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users