Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:18 AM
Hello. Thanks for taking the time to help me with my problem. I'm assuming I am posting in the correct forum. If not, apologies.
I'm using a computer that used to be shared by several different people so I'm not 100% on what programs have been downloaded etc.
I'm running Windows Xp. And Recently there have been several problems.
1. Upon start up the toolbar, Start menu, Icons on my desktop are non existent. So every time I restart my computer I have to open task manager. End Explorer.exe and start Explorer.exe in order for anything to show up.
2. I keep receiving RUN DLL errors I haven't been able to take any screen captures but it tells me there is a problem with "Clearmytracks process." Or something along those lines.
3. I use Mozilla, and when I use Google to search for something, then I click on a link it redirects me to another "Search engine" website. I usually hit back and re-click on the original link and it takes me to the actual website that I want.
4. I did a system restore recently and everything seemed to be fine for a few hours. I installed Zone Alarm, and AVG. My computer has slowed down quite a bit which I'm guessing is to be expected. But, when AVG detects any "Infections" It doesn't allow me to take any further action.
5. Windows has also now told me that my "Virtual memory is too low." which I'm guessing may be unrelated.
6. I've run Malwarebytes (Full scan) and it says no infections have been found although AVG says otherwise.
I'm not really sure where to go from here. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. (I am in Safe Mode with Networking at the moment as it is the only way I can efficiently use my internet browser without it freezing every few seconds.)