Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse that seems hidden!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Noah113

Noah113

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

Hello, I am currently under siege by what appears to be a Trojan Horse.

I am using Windows Vista Home Regular (non-premium) Edition. I have run AVG and McAfee virus scans, but they have not come up with anything.

I am currently running the computer in safe mode, because if booted in regular mode, as soon as the Trojan starts running upon startup, it does not let me run any other program or open any windows. It's disguised as a faulty security program called "System Tool" and I have not downloaded it, but I turned off my computer after being infected without turning System Restore off and have been dealing with this for 3 days. I have looked at my task manager while on safe mode and have not seen it there either.

Thank you for any and all advice given, much appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2011 - 08:26 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

Please try this removal guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-tool

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users