Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless dropping in and out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wingfan13

Wingfan13

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

I have a Dell 1764 Inspiron Laptop with Windows 7 64bit. The wireless controller is model 1397.

I have searched all over and cannot resolve the issue that started 4 hours ago. I did not change anything with the computer or my router. Another laptop on wireless works fine.

The computer sees the wireless router but will not connect to the internet. It sits there and says it is identifying my home network. Everyone once in a while it will say it is connected but with no internet access. I have tried rebooting both my laptop, the router, the cable modem. I have tried disabling and enabling the card. I have tried updating the driver which was current. I have tried removing the network connection and adding it again. I cannot figure out what the issue is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Edisnaeco

Edisnaeco

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Try these steps and they may work:

1)Open NETWORK CONNECTIONS from CONTROL PANEL
2)Right click on the connection and select PROPERTIES.
3)There should be a tab for WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4)Find your network by name near the bottom and click REMOVE.
5)Click ADD then you will need to enter your network information manually in the window that pops up. You will need to uncheck the box that says "My key is provided automatically"

Put 192.168.1.1 in the web browser. By default, the username is left blank, and the password is admin (NOTE: sometimes it is the other way around). Under the Wireless page, try changing the channel.

Have you tried a direct modem connection to rule out a problem with your ISP?

If all above fails let me know.

#3 Wingfan13

Wingfan13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the help. Randomly is is now working and I did nothing to it. It is very strange. We left it alone since my post and it has now been fine for the last half hour?

We did number 1. Number 3, all other computers work wirelessly. My cell, my other laptop and a PS3. Could an issue with my ISP effect just one machine ?

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2011 - 07:35 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote.

#4 Edisnaeco

Edisnaeco

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

That is the thing, it is very very difficult to find the exact problem. I would contact your ISP provider and see if anything is wrong or anything may be possibly blocked. And if nothing on there end then maybe your end. It may also be your computers wifi pick up (the one that is having issues) and if it is ok now then i would not mess with it in till it starts to act up again :) Good luck.

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2011 - 07:35 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users