Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email = NIGHTMARE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mishdog

mishdog

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

been having problems using my work email through outlook so I tried thunderbird, but it wouldnt let me set the account up, kept saying configuration was wrong.

So I've gone back to outlook to use for the meantime but I'm guessing me trying to set it up in thunderbird has done something, outlook now says it is 'unable to connect to your outgoing (smtp) email server'.

Any suggestions? can't access my inbox, can't send, can't receive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Did you uninstall Thunderbird ? Have you tried Systom Restore?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Outlook doesn't know or care if any other email clients are installed. What was the original problem you were having with Outlook?

#4 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Outlook doesn't know or care if any other email clients are installed. What was the original problem you were having with Outlook?

It kept telling me the imap connection had timed out every 2 minutes, annoying error message, plus it wouldn't send to my yahoo account for some reason.

But now I just can't get it set back up again at all, it wont accept my log in details to get on the server, no idea why..

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Could be a problem with the server. Are you sure it's up? And of course, make sure all of the info you are entering is correct (sorry, I know that's pretty basic but better to say it than not :) ).

#6 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

Could be a problem with the server. Are you sure it's up? And of course, make sure all of the info you are entering is correct (sorry, I know that's pretty basic but better to say it than not :) ).

Sorry when you say am I sure what do you mean? As in the server working etc? If so then yes because other people are using it fine.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

Have you checked all your Outlook settings to make sure everything is correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users