Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Start Windows 7 Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and yesterday I did my first image backup using Acronis True Image 2011 (I'd previously been using an earlier version with no problems.)

When the backup completed I told the computer to shut down and it went to a screen that said the following:

"Operations in progress. Please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete."

The screen had a blue background with the blue ring with the white bit going round and round to the left of the text and the Windows 7 Ultimate logo at the bottom.

I left the computer and came back over an hour later and the computer had gone into standby. When I pressed the start button the same screen was still displaying so I left it for a couple more hours and came back to it and the same thing happened. I turned the computer off at the back and switched it on again this morning. I got the "Starting Windows" screen and then it went straight back to the "Operations in progress..." message.

Please can someone tell me how I can stop this happening and get back into Windows?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Edisnaeco

Edisnaeco

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hi :)
I looked this problem up and many other have had the problem you have with Acronis. Can you start up into safe mode? If you can start into safe mode and see if anything pops up. Most likely something that did not complete. You may have to uninstall Acronis in Safe Mode and start over after a reboot.
Good luck.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Can you please post links to where you saw similar problems reported please? Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 23 March 2011 - 10:01 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote.

#4 Edisnaeco

Edisnaeco

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

I seen it here:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/986928-unable-start-windows-7-ultimate.html
And there problem was fixed by doing this.

Edited by hamluis, 23 March 2011 - 10:01 AM.
Removed uinnecessary quote.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

The post to which you are referring is by the same poster who started THIS thread. He simply posted the same question on multiple forums. I've never heard of this particular issue before and am fairly certain it is unique to this poster.

#6 Edisnaeco

Edisnaeco

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Oops i just noticed they typed the same exact thing.

#7 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Restarting in safe mode did correct the problem. Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users