Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATTCM.exe Application Error 0xc0150004

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Snowblinde

Snowblinde

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

I just installed ATT communication manager for tethering my BB torch for internet access. The OS is Vista. When I try to open the program (which seemed to install just fine), I'm getting an error message saying "Application Failed to Initialize Properly" with the following error code: 0xc0150004. I tried adding the program so it's not fire walled and that did nothing. Any further suggestions/solutions? Thanks

PS ~ I also can't install iTunes on this same computer, but I'll save that for another time. What's with Vista anyway?

Thanks again ~ Snow

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2011 - 02:43 PM.
Moved from Vista to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Its not Vista, how did you install the application? Did you right click on the setup.exe file and ran it as administrator?

Do you have any firewalls enabled like Windows Firewall or another Anti-Virus?

#3 Snowblinde

Snowblinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

I double-clicked to install it. It asked for admin password to continue installation, which I provided and clicked "OK." I did try to run the program as administrator and got the same error message. I also followed the instructions on the following site (to no avail) hoping to enable the Firewall:

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB78199

I'll have to check the other firewalls enabled like Windows Firewall or another Anti-Virus as I am presently using another computer to communicate with you.

Thanks ~ Snow

#4 Snowblinde

Snowblinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

I checked and I don't think an anti-virus program is interfering with me opening the ATT Communication Manager.
Snow

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

What AV do you have?

#6 Snowblinde

Snowblinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

Windows Security Center indicates that there isn't an AV program on the computer.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#8 Snowblinde

Snowblinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

When I went thru the steps to publish a snapshot and clicked "Yes", I got a window saying "The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response." It seems I can save it as a text document. So, I should be pasting the text here? I'm not exactly sure what the "Windows Key" is. Will that be clearly indicated?
Thanks ~ Snow

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

It will be called Serial Number.

Try and redo the link the server could have been down or unreachable.

#10 Snowblinde

Snowblinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Does the computer I'm reporting on have to have internet access (there isn't any)? Maybe that's why I'm getting that error message. The text file is long. Oy!!

#11 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Just post the running services and stopped ones thats all I am interested in. You can also post the information above that minus the serial number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users