Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 root

root

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

I'm sure this was posted somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it in my quick little scan over the topics.

Even though I am not a Windows user, I was wondering if someone could tell me a bit more about the specific advantages of Vista over current XP versions? Aside from the more streamlined integratation with some periphials and multimedia devices, what else should I be looking forward to? The only thing I was semi-excited about was back when WinFS was scheduled to be released under Vista and that the entire system was going to be fully .NET functional. Since neither have panned out, I just wanted to know a little bit more about some of the hype from the Windows users I'm sure are around.

What will the server edition bring to the table? Practical prediction - be realistic - when do you see Vista (and more importantly it's serving counter part) hitting the public markets?

Thanks much in advance.

Happy Holidays from all of us here,
Root

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users