Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BONJOUR issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SherriKC

SherriKC

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

I am running Win Vista and lately having a problem with Bonjour, Below is the fix suggestion I get in Report Problems & Solutions:

Address a problem with Bonjour
Bonjour has stopped working properly.
The name of the file that caused this problem is mDNSResponse.exe.
For information about possible solutions to this problem, go online to the following Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Click to go online to the Apple Inc. website for the KB article

I click the link given for a KB article to fix it. Instead it takes me to Microsoft Bonjour Print for Windows download which seems to be unrelated. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Bonjour, but after a bit, the error starts all over again.

Any suggestions? Please tell me what info you need from me, I am computer illiterate, but can follow instructions.
Thanks!
Sherri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

Have you tried the Apple website?

http://www.apple.com/support/bonjour/

Louis

#3 SherriKC

SherriKC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Thank you Louis, I will go through stuff again on Apple link. The one thing I find listed regarding the mDNSResponder.exe is only related to MAC and I run WIN Vista. I will look further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users