Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IBM thinkpad notebook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shyjan

shyjan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

I have 2 thinkpads one has no OS on it and one shows only faint impressions on the screen. When I push in the close button that the screen closing pushes in when it closes...I can get the screen to flicker for a second. I can see the computer fine when I connect a external monitor. It is a T 43 and looks like a big job to take apart.... any advice on how to get at the spring loaded button. It looks like when the notebook is opened the spring is not good so the button is not released and never gives the OS a signal the the notebook has been opened and the screen should be turned on....
I tried to push it up with tweezers, and this did not work. It only flickers if I push it in a couple of times...but it only lasts for a half second.
I put that hard drive in TP2 which has a screen that works fine just [no os on the hard drive.] now it works OK!
So I have one that works and one that works but no screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

you my find something useful here

http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_ibm.html

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-replace-lcd-screen-ibm-thinkpad-t43p-laptop/

#3 shyjan

shyjan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Wow...the insidemylaptop was very helpful....I have taken apart a few but it is a lot to take on.....I still think it is the little close button that is loose....that is above the keyboard....but still a lot of screws to take out. It looks like the company took apart the laptop before they donated it and maybe it wasnt aligned properly.
:busy:
thanks
Jan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users