Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is Savrt32dll?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:35 PM

On start up I keep getting a message something like...this application has failed to start because SAVRT32.DLL was not found. Reinstall it to possibly fix problem. I found it in the Norton file but it has no way of restoring it. I don't even know what it is.(this was from cfgWiz.exe).
Everything has gone downhill from this morning when I did the Safe Mode while trying to get rid of the temp files. My config and spysweeper is all messed up now for my startup programs that appear in the bottom right tray during startup. Any help or am I too for gone??????
Do I need to do a system restore? I've added spybot, spysweeper,norton firewall in the last month. Can I even do a restore with these on there? Sorry for the problems.

Edited by socom 004, 24 December 2005 - 06:44 PM.

HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:40 PM

Yes you can do a System Restore.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:50 PM

Did you have the virus, W32.Bagz.D@mm ? Symantec has a repair for this it says the virus rewrites that file. Their proceedure is near the end of the linked paged and it wants a reinstall. That will also replace the file.

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bagz.d@mm.html

It is a Symantec antivirus file, You can get it here

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files....L/download.html
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:09 PM

The 2nd site wanted to know what program it came from. I don't know. The 1st site said there is a more recent download but I couldn't find it.

I found the SAVRT32.DLL file in an NAV file. When I click on it a CAUTION: you are attempting to open a file of type 'application extension'(DLL). These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Editing or modifying them could damage your system....open with.....cancell. I hit cancel.

Edited by socom 004, 24 December 2005 - 08:45 PM.

Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D

#5 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

Yes you can do a System Restore.

How do I go about a restore? Do I need to disable anything?
I'm looking for a download that Boopme mentioned but I'm not having much luck.

Acklan, my post below explains what has gone on.

Edited by socom 004, 24 December 2005 - 08:14 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:17 PM

OK sorry I see your problem. You may want to reinstall Norton AV as that is where the file was from and it may not be running properly. Sys restore will probably be quicker. But you'll need to update your AV to get it back to date.

System Restore is located at Start,All Programs,Accessories,System Tools.......

The BC tutorial for System Restore is here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

Do I need to disable norton firewall program or turn off webroot spysweeper to uninstall? Can I stay on the net while I uninstall, just wondering so I can get to the Norton Uninstall Tool on this site if I need to.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:25 PM

Just uninstall NAV from control panel ..add/remove programs. I believe it'll be unter Symantec section. You can stay on if you need to.

#9 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:14 AM

Ok, I uninstalled NSW 2005 and reinstalled. I took my Norton Password Manager off to reinstall it from the 2004 but that didn't work. I can do without it. It wasn't loading into the bottom tray like it was supposed to anyway. I think the settings are wrong from the SAFE mode because the SpySweeper is still going crazy withalerts of new programs being added. The AV and Firewall are working now. I ran a full scan after updating and nothing showed up. That's where I'm at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users