Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Sock Problem, Can't connect to IRC servers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ProfB

ProfB

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

I'm running windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 on a Toshiba Satellite L305D laptop. I'm connected to the internet via VZaccess Manager's version for a Verizon MIFI2200 wireless wifi device on wireless 3G connection. Using built in Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter. I have AVAST free version, MalwareByes AntiMalware.

I'm getting a 10060 error when trying to connect to any IRC server using ICECHAT and mIRC. I've tried to reset TCP/IP, Windows Socket, and Windows Firewall. I've also tried to connect to IRC with firewall completely turned off.

I used these commands while in "elevation." I'v tried them in different order with and without rebooting in between and many ipconfig reset/renews.

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset

I have also removed a number of infections which you can use this thread for reference. I am not trying to repost. That thread was meant to clear infections and this one I'm looking for specific help with winsock problems.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic385759.html

My next actions is to download something like CCleaner and see if the problem can be fixed with cleaning my registry then I'll retry all those commands I just previously posted about.

If anyone has any ideas on anything else I could I would love your support and help. THank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ProfB

ProfB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Still no luck. Another resource I have found is this.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms741580.aspx

But I do not understand where to use this at.

#3 ProfB

ProfB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

Verizon Wireless is blocking IRC. Crazy. All I want to do is connect to a simple irc server that is ran by an online web game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users