Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 browser redirecting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tanthalis

Tanthalis

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

I had apparently contracted a virus today. I never accepted the install of any files, but still, there it was.
I had run Malwarebytes in Safe mode and Quarantines the resulting Trojan.Downloader and Trojan.FakeAlert issues, but my computer is still having the browser redirect problems that alerted me to the presence of malware to begin with and I have no idea what to do.

It will redirect almost any search I click on in Google to sites like "BuddyTv". It does this both in Mozilla 3.6.15 and IE 8.
Help me please!

My OS is Windows 7 32-bit Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
I am up to date with all high priority [and most optional] windows updates.

Also, I am using ESET Smart Security v4.2.67.10

OK, So I know that it says not to try stuff from other threads, but There was a distinct pattern I was noticing for at least the first step.

I ran TDSSKiller.exe and it only found 1 suspicious thing, SPTD was a locked file [Daemon tools SCSI driver]

I could post the log, but it definitely says not to, sooo.. yeah. Problem still continues.

I posted logs from DDS and GMER in the appropriate forum. I thought that with the logs it might make helping a bit easier. I am NOT trying to bump my post in any way, shape, nor form.

Edited by Tanthalis, 19 March 2011 - 12:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

As you have an open topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum I am closing this one.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users