Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error HVideoS.exe while using web cam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 linsjean

linsjean

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

I was going to try to record a little vid clip and send it to someone and while recording, the program, Logitech Image Studio froze and I got that error about hvideoS.exe stopped working. I did a search on google and it sounds like a virus. I have a Quickcam Pro 3000.

I have Avast running all the time and I did not get any alerts from that program, and I ran Ad-Aware (just cookies found and deleted them), and Malwarebytes and found nothing.

Any ideas what to do here? No concern? Or is that file part of Logitech software?

Thanks!
Compaq laptop, Windows Vista, SP 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Did you click on the file and look at the properties?

Does that indicate that it's a Logitech file?

Louis

#3 linsjean

linsjean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Did you click on the file and look at the properties?

Does that indicate that it's a Logitech file?

Louis

Well, now I cannot find the file by doing a search. My cam is working, but I just can't record any vids. Maybe next time I see that happening, I can write down the exact error message. Thanks.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

I would uninstall the Logitech software/drivers...then reinstall same, they may be damaged.

Louis

#5 linsjean

linsjean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

I would uninstall the Logitech software/drivers...then reinstall same, they may be damaged.

Louis

I should have said this in the begininng. The logitech software for this QC Pro 3000 is not compatible with my Vista OS. In fact, the cam itself is only compatible with XP and lower. But I cannot afford another cam, so I'm going to use this one for now. And I have uninstalled and re-installed about 4 times now. I saw somewhere on a forum where there was a patch to fix that error message but I clicked on the link from their post and it just brought me to the home page of Logitech. It's ok, I don't need to record vids at this point. Thanks for your replies though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users