Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 crashes upon startup with a new build.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jason S

Jason S

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

My computer will boot up to the windows startup logo, and just when it should load my desktop, it flashes a blue screen, and re-boots into recovery mode.

I just built a new computer using the new Intel 1155 socket CPU. As you may or may not know, all 1155 socket motherboards were recalled due to issues with the SATA ports. Long story short, I got a refund for my H-series Biostar motherboard, and when the revised motherboards were made available, i bought a P-series Asus motherboard. All of the system hardware is the same, accept the motherboard.

The computer was running fine with the H-series Biostar motherboard, but now that i have swapped for the Asus, i seem to be running into problems. My first instinct is that the leftover H-series motherboard driver is messing with my new P-series build, but i can't get to the control panel to remove it. I have found a way to pull up windows explorer when i boot into recovery mode. Is it possible for me to remove my old motherboard drivers through windows explorer, or will i need to gain access to the control panel?

Computer Details:
CPU: Intel i5 LGA 1155
MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE
Memory: G Skill 2*2GB
Video Card: PNY GeForce 9800 GT
PSU: Tried 380W and 650W, made no difference

Edited by Jason S, 18 March 2011 - 11:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

Did you do a clean install...when you replaced the motherboard?

Louis

#3 Jason S

Jason S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

I don't have any install discs. When my brother moved out, every disc went with him. In recovery mode, have tried loading backups, and installing every driver that came with the new motherboard. I have also tried booting from an Ubuntu install disc, which worked, but i would prefer to keep windows if i could.

#4 Jason S

Jason S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Also, i have attempted to boot from my hard drive on another system. I am not getting the same error, but it still won't boot. I booted it as a secondary drive on my other pc, and did a health check, which turned out normal.

#5 Jason S

Jason S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Did you do a clean install...when you replaced the motherboard?

Louis

The all mighty clean install fixes all. It was my last resort, and it worked. Now to get all my programs back...

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users