Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer "details view" templates...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZT-repairseek

ZT-repairseek

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

yet another round of "ZT doesn't like changes that don't help him" here.

as we all know, vista (and 7) have all kinds of derpy templates for what details are shown when you pick "details" view in windows explorer. but I don't need to have half the ID3 tag of a given mp3 sprayed all over the details view along with a totally meaningless "out of five stars" rating thing. and having directories change to that if ever there's more than a few mp3s in them gets annoying; I value meaningful details; filetype, file size, date modified, etc. is there any decent means to keep myself from having to go and manually fix every directory and subdirectory that gets music in it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

IMO...Windows is designed to provide a number of options to the varied owners of PCs. I consider this a plus.

I employ details view on my systems...but the details I reflect for a given folder/directory...vary according to the content. I don't need music file data on non-music files...and I want to see certain data in folders containing music.

I put all of my music in one partition...and then set the default detail settings for everything in that partition, choosing only those options I am interested in (bit rate, artist, size, etc.).

That strategy serves my needs and that's the only way that I can think of to easily get like items reflecting the same details in Windows.

Louis

#3 ZT-repairseek

ZT-repairseek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

hrm.

it looks like I have to find every given "type" of directory and correct it, then tell windows to do that with all. too bad I even HAVE to do it; I can't fathom the templates system being something MS couldn't have had a toggle somewhere for, for curmudgeon's like me... >.> but I'm not LCD enough for the devs, I suppose. *shrug*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users