Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help with redirect virus removal March 18th 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 iselltrees

iselltrees

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

Gringo,
please let me know how to proceed. I can tell you about my system, but from reading the previous topic I replied to you about, I believe you'll want to see a report about it.

thanks

Edited by Budapest, 18 March 2011 - 07:19 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Please follow these instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 iselltrees

iselltrees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

thanks, I had been following topic where Gringo_pr was helping someone out with a problem similar to mine. He asked me to start a topic so he could reply directly to me. Since he requested the user to perform the same steps as are outlined in the topic you forwarded to me, I will do that so I am prepared.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

Please start a new topic (following the instructions I gave) and then Gringo (or one of the other helpers) will pick it up.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 iselltrees

iselltrees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

I am trying to follow the instructions, however on step 7, when I download dds it's not prompting me where I want to save it. There's only a "save" and "cancel" button, it's not allowing me to choose where I save it, what the name of the file is, nor what type of file it is. When I click on the "save", it downloads it to me desktop. On my desktop, it doesn't look anything like the icon presented under the instructions in #7. Once on my desktop, when I click on the properties,it says it's an "autocad" file. When I click on it to run it, it gives me a notepad full of gibberish.

thoughts?

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Try to rename the dds.scr file to either dds.exe or dds.com and then double-click it (right-click on the file and select Rename from the drop-down menu).

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 iselltrees

iselltrees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

why I right click, then choose rename, it doesn't allow me to change the file extension format. If I do change it, it still shows up as dds.com.scr

#8 iselltrees

iselltrees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

I was able to log in in safe mode and download the dds file normally to my desktop.

thanks for your patience, I will now post a new topic.

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

:thumbup2:

To avoid confusion I will close this topic.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users