Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

samsungnc10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 engineer49

engineer49

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

hi im having problems with installing xp on my nc10
when i go to bios and to boot sequence all of the usb etc options have n/a next to them
so stopping me from booting from usb to install xp from usb externl cd drive
as the nc10 has no optical drive
can anyone help with this thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

hi im having problems with installing xp on my nc10

Hi and welcome -
From what I read you must be trying to do a Reinstall or downgrade / upgrade to this system -
Can you please list the original O/System and why you are installing XP now, as most seem to have had XP installed -

Thank You -

The below is from Samsung on how a CD/DVD player is usually installed -

The Samsung NC10 is not fitted with a built in CD/DVD drive and this can make installing applications,
games and playing movies more than a bit awkward. Fortunately it's possible to purchase an external CD/DVD drive that connects to your NC10 using it's USB ports.
Some of these drives are also capable of burning DVDs & CDs. They often require two USB ports to give them the power needed,
in a similar fashion to external hard drives. Make sure you've installed the drivers that come with your drive before youve connected it.
It pays to follow the instructions on these as drivers can make things very awkward if they go wrong.

#3 engineer49

engineer49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:50 AM

hi thanks for replying

i have installed a new hard drive so i want to reinstall xp the other hard drive failed
when i go into bios to the boot section all the boot options have n/a next to them
except for the hard drive i installed. i have an external usb cd drive to load the xp install disc on
but all usb options as i say have n/a next to them thus stopping me installing my usb cd drive to load the disc

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

http://www.sammynetbook.com/forum/forum.php
Hi again -
I have been hoping that someone else had a few ideas , but not as yet it seems -
The link that I have left above is to the forum that is directly concerned with these netbooks -
If you log on there you might get more direct answers , as I am just copying from the threads on that forum -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users