Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acronis True Image 10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Clark

Dave Clark

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi,
Just bought a new 1TB HDD and a Docking Station so that I can use it with the USB connection externally.
I have Acronis True Image 10 and trie to clone my boot HDD to the USB Sata drive. All went well re setting up in acronis but when Acronis rebooted my computer to lock the C drive it reported it couldn't see the USB drive. I assume that it is something to do with either the Bios or something I must do within XP Pro but I'm at a loss as to where to start.
Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

Was the drive on?

Worth reading, http://kb.acronis.com/content/1515 .

Google Results

Louis

#3 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hi Hamlouis,

As I said in my post Acronis saw my USB drive and I went through the process of Cloning the drive. Acronis then rebooted my computer to start the cloning but when the computer booted to "Dos" to start the cloning a messgae appeared saying the USB HDD could not be found. Which makes me think there may be a Bios setting to alter !!!!!!!!!

Dave

#4 thomasjk

thomasjk

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

Acronis uses Linux when it reboots not DOS. They may not have the proper drivers to see your USB drive. What exact version of TI10 are you using? See Help-->About. I'd suggest booting from the rescue cd to do your cloning and as previously suggested make sure your drive is on.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

The Acronis posts that I read...indicated that there are known problems with your situation...I doubt if the BIOS has anything to do with tha.

Did you read the links provided? There are more such reports from Acronis users.

Louis

#6 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Many thanks for the replies,

I've managed to sort the problem, not exactly sure how or why but I used Acronis to just partition the HDD and I then transfered a few files onto the HDD. I then used Acronis again to Clone my drive and it sailed through.

So thanks again,

Dave

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users