Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer suddenly becomes extremely slow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 craftyweasel

craftyweasel

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hi, this is my first time on a computer help forum, usually I can fix whatever is going on myself, but for whatever reason this one problem has me beat so I am forced to start looking around the internet for some help. Now this problem is kind of hard to explain because it seems to happen entirely randomly. I can be away from the computer with no programs running besides the start up (which is just basic functions, kaspersky, and skype) and come back and the computer will respond like normal, except everything will jump around and take about 1/4th of a second for the mouse to move properly where I try to move it, if I am talking to anyone on skype their voices get chopped up because of how laggy its being, if I am playing a video game the character will move very erratically like my fps is at 2. The only common aspect of when this happens is that in my task manager my CPU usage jumps a little bit but not very much. Im not certain but I believe either audiodg.exe or skype has something to do with it, or some combination of both. Lemme know what other information you need to get a better grasp on this problem. I have hijack this and can post a log of that if it would help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,728 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hi, welcome to Bleeping Computer :).

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

This is the Win 7 forum...do not post HJT logs here :).

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2011 - 03:46 PM.

#3 craftyweasel

craftyweasel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

HP-Pavillion

NC683AA-ABA m9500y

#4 falcore91

falcore91

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Does this only happen when you come back after leaving it alone for a while, or does it also occur when you are in the middle of working on it (I assume the latter based on the Skype calls).
(Instructor) You put a Linux machine within a Windows machine within a Mac? That's great! Now where is that paper on BitTorrents vulnerabilities that was due last week?

#5 craftyweasel

craftyweasel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

yes it happens no matter what i may be doing at the time

*seemingly no matter what*

**Seems to be happening extremely frequently while playing World of Warcraft and talking to friends on skype at the same time if that helps at all**

Edited by craftyweasel, 18 March 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,728 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

<<...but I believe either audiodg.exe or skype has something to do with it, or some combination of both.>>

Based on what, please?

<<...and the computer will respond like normal, except everything will jump around...>>

???

Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 March 2011 - 08:04 AM.

#7 craftyweasel

craftyweasel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

because audiodg.exe seems to start taking up a bit more cpu and it seems to happen much more often while im in a skype call when this happens but when i end the process it doesnt change anything, the computer will still be laggy.

and what i mean by the computer responding like normal is that i can still click icons and they will pop up it just takes a lot longer because the entire computer is running at like 1 fps.

#8 craftyweasel

craftyweasel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

so i have figured out that my computer starts having this issue whenever i am playing World of Warcraft and talking on skype at the same time, almost gaurenteeably within about 30 minutes the computer will start running at 1-2 fps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users