Good job in catching the error message - it'll help to narrow things down a bit. Here's a link to an explanation of the BCCode 24 : http://www.osronline.com/ddkx/ddtools/bccodes_12uf.htm
So, here's the questions:
1) How much memory do you have installed?
2) How many programs are running at startup? (check MSCONFIG.EXE)
3) How many processes do you have running? (check Task Manager)
1) Check the S.M.A.R.T. status of your drive (I use this free program for this: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Let us know what it has to say about your hard drive.
2) Go to Start...Run...and type in "chkdsk.exe /r" (without the quotes) and press Enter. It'll tell you it can't run right now and will ask you if you want to run it on the next Reboot - Press "y" and then press Enter. Reboot and it'll check your hard drive when the reboot starts. Let us know what it had to say about any errors that it found.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.