Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hello friends,

I'm doing some work on a friend's computer, and they want me to do some things that I've never done. I don't want to screw anything up, so I'd like a little guidance if possible.

One of the things they want me to do is turn two profiles into one. And the first thing I want to do is bring the iTunes stuff from one profile and put it in the other profile. I know I need to transfer all the apps and music. But what else do I need to transfer, if anything? For instance, what if anything should I do with the following files and folders? Or will they automatically be re-created after I've transferred the songs and apps and then opened iTunes?

iTunes Library Extras.itdb
iTunes Library Genius.itdb
iTunes Library.itl
iTunes Music Library.xml
Previous iTunes Libraries (folder)

Also, are the iTunes Playlists stored in the My Playlists folder under My Music? Or somewhere else?

Thanks for your help! If anyone knows a good article that covers all this stuff, please feel free to point me in the right direction! :)

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2011 - 12:05 PM.
Moved from XP to Audio & Video.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for moving this. I thought I might not have posted it in the right forum. I wasn't sure though..

#3 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

How long should I wait before I bump this? I mean.. I don't mind waiting. I actually think it's pretty funny that I've had 121 views and no replies. LOL :)

Edited by jtphenom, 20 March 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Well...some of us...have never and/or never will use iTunes...so it's hard to answer questions about it...other than a suggestion to uninstall it and then reinstall it.

As for how long you should wait...that's up to you. But bumping a topic is somewhat annoying to many and I suggest that you refrain from such, since doing so may have negative results. It's kind of hard to demand that someone answer your topic...when all members comment voluntarily and according to their individual knowledge, experience, and personal whim...levels :).

If I used iTunes...the first place that I would look for answers to iTunes questions...would be the appropriate forum hosted for iTunes users.

Louis

#5 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thank you, hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users