Thank you for the upload. This shows that your computers Master Boot Record is infected with the TDL4 rootkit. Please follow the steps below to fix this.
Try this please. You will need your USB drive.
- Download xPUDtestdisk.exe and save it to the USB device
- Double click xPUDtestdisk.exe to extract the contents to your USB device
- Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
- Boot the Sick computer from the USB drive.
- Follow the prompts
- A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
- Press File
- Expand mnt
- sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
- sdb1 is likely your USB
- Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
- Press Tool at the top
- Choose Open Terminal
- Type testdisk/testdisk_static
- Press Enter
The first screen will present log options - press Enter to continue.
TestDisk will scan the system and show drive information.
If more than 1 drive, select the correct drive, make sure [Proceed]
is selected then press Enter to continue.
partiton and press Enter to continue.
Select [MBR Code]
and press Enter to continue.
when prompted to write a new mbr code to the first sector, then confirm at the next screen by typing Y
repeatedly until TestDisk exits then reboot.
Edited by elise025, 20 March 2011 - 10:13 AM.