Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware/Virus installed on IPod Touch

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BlondAlicia

BlondAlicia

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this nasty infection that has taken over every WiFi device in my house. I contracted a Trojan of some kind on my home PC a couple of months ago and it began as a google redirect and took over so fast It shut me down before I could properly identify it. I will say I know it was a Dns changed and I sent the computer out for repair/to be reloaded and when I got it back, the redirects started up immediately. Basically that PC will need to have Vista loaded as I never could sneak by the virus long enough to download any tools for removal. Now here is the part I need help with. Whatever the infection it, it somehow infected my Samsung Seek BoostMobile cell phone as well as my IPod Touch that I am writing to you with today. Anything I do to attempt to remove from cell phone and IPod Touch just takes me around in circles bcuz this virus is able to modify settings on all devices. Instead of infecting files on a windows PC, this virus modifies applications/names on the IPod. Does anyone know of a way to remove this? I was able to copy down the entire link exe code before it changed. It has every symptom of a RAmnit, but to infect all de ices that have bluetooth enabled is very frustrating so any help toget rid of this from the IPod would be greatly appreciated

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2011 - 10:32 AM.
Moved from iPod, Zune to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users