Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build wot post until rebooted 2nd time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 knd3119

knd3119

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

I just purchased a bare bones kit with a Phenom quad core processor. Runs great but when it is shut down no matter if from start menu or power button everytime it goes past mobo screen it fails to post from there. All the screen has is a blinking cursor (line) but as soon as you hit ctl+alt+del when it reboots it posts and goes into windows like normal....any advice?....not a big issue but bothersome.

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2011 - 02:04 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

I would think three things:

a. Loose connection somewhere.

b. MBR problem.

c. PSU problem.

Not that any of those would be a step in the right direction :), but that's how I would proceed.

Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users