Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CCleaner now has a uninstall feature. Have you tried it and do you recommend it?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 garybear

garybear

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hello!

If you still can't uninstall Adobe 6, try using Revo Uninstaller Free:

I really like Foxit Reader.I got rid of Adode Reader a long time ago.
I also have Revo.I'm sure you are aware that CCleaner now has a uninstall feature. Have you tried it and do you recommend it?
Thanks Animal!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

No, I do not use CCleaner for anything. I have other tools I prefer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Agree. Ccleaner does not do anything you can't do yourself. And people seem to think it's a panacea when, in my opinion, it's nothing more than a crutch.

Additionally, for every feature / module in ccleaner there are far superior dedicated utilities.

Edited by Allan, 17 March 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

And it just keeps getting better......

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

CCleaner been around sense 2004. Must be doing something right.That's about the time I got my first PC
16,956,292 CNET down loads. I suspect even more for Piriform.I guess we can still agree to disagree on BC.
I like CCleaner.One click and the crap is gone. I also have other Apps. I use to keep my PC tuned up!!
No2 most popular down loads at CNET :clapping:

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

Edited by garybear, 17 March 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

No2 most popular down loads at CNET :clapping:

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

Because people don't know any better. Delete crap from your computer? It deletes temp files, cookies, history, empties the recycle bin, etc. Nothing that needs to be done, nothing you can't easily do yourself, and nothing that effects system performance in any way, shape or form.

And you have other apps to keep your system "tuned up"? Other than defragmenting the hd and monitoring / scanning for malware - what tuning up is there to be done?

#7 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

And it just keeps getting better :hysterical:
Hello my friend jburd. How are you??

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

CCleaner's uninstall function is just another interface to Windows' Add/Remove Programs control panel; it doesn't do anything that Windows can't already do itself.

#9 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

CCleaner's uninstall function is just another interface to Windows' Add/Remove Programs control panel; it doesn't do anything that Windows can't already do itself.

Thank you Andrew! I'm glad to know that. I'll probably continue to use Revo.I haven't uninstalled any thing lately. I read about CCleaner uninsataller on CNET, but doubt if they know much.
Thank you sir!!

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

CNET will recommend and host for download anything and everything. A recommendation from CNET is not worth the pixels it's printed with, in my opinion.

#11 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

CNET will recommend and host for download anything and everything. A recommendation from CNET is not worth the pixels it's printed with, in my opinion.

I'm tired of fighting with you my friend.I think I may be entitled to my opinion here on BC. Every thing I post you find fault with and that's OK ,but I'm tired of this and I won't be commenting any further.
Thank you!

#12 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

Sounds like trolling...

Edited by Pat(rick), 17 March 2011 - 09:13 PM.

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

I'm tired of fighting with you my friend.I think I may be entitled to my opinion here on BC. Every thing I post you find fault with and that's OK ,but I'm tired of this and I won't be commenting any further.
Thank you!

It is not my intention to be contrary, and I assure you that I'm not targeting you or trying to argue. :)

#14 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hello!!
I'm not a troll.
I do not wish to cause any trouble on BC's forum. I only want to help when I think that I have some thing to offer.
I think that there are some very smart and special people here on BC.I don't mind criticism but I do not like being piled on.
I know you all are friends and friends stick together and that's the way it should be.
I just want to be your friend and be a part of your community
.That's all I'm asking!
I hope everyone has a good night and some thing good happen's to everyone on BC!!
I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I do have a fairly limited knowledge of computers.
Thank you for allowing me to be a member here on BC!!
Gary!!

#15 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

Thank you!

It is not my intention to be contrary, and I assure you that I'm not targeting you or trying to argue. :)

Thank you my friend for your very kind PM.
I really appreciated it! I will try harder not to wear my feeling on my sleeve.
Cancer survivors are weird people. We have cheated death and tend to be a little over bearing at times!!
I can assure you I want the best for everyone here on BC and wish to cause no problems for anyone.
I will slack off on my posts for the time being, but I'll be back!!:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users