Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The application or dll C:\windows\msv1_0 is not a valid windows image

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fightinkraut

fightinkraut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

I have a user who had multiple infections (including System Tool), cleaned using the BC walkthrough. Everything is working well except when he opens an email in Lotus Notes from someone outside our network, he sees the following error message:

The application or dll C:\windows\msv1_0 is not a valid windows image.

He can click OK to proceed, and that is how he's been getting along, but it's annoying and I would like to know how to resolve it.

I was going to reinstall Lotus Notes, but then he received the same error when attempting to update a program from a CD. The update he was performing in no way affects Lotus Notes, so I believe the issue would not be fixed with a LN reinstallation.

I do not have the computer in house, but I do have remote access.

PC in question is a Dell E6400, running Windows XP Pro SP3, fully patched.

I have tried sfc /scannow and scanned with multiple programs like MBAM, SAS, nothing invasive.

Everything I can find online points to a remant of a infection, any guidance on how to proceed?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users