Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE8 Blocking File Download - POP-UP Blocker is OFF!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 techforcity

techforcity

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

Ok, so we upgraded our servers to IE8 because of some compatibility issues for some of our websites that our company has to visit. Now we are running into some issues after the upgrade. Our billing department needs to download these html files, and when they click on the links that they need to download from the window comes up and looks like it is going to load something and then you hear a bleep and the window closes out. Now you would think that the popup blocker would be the cause of this, but I double checked the settings and the popup blocker is off and there is no other addon in internet explorer that has a popup blocker.

Another weird thing is, is when the window comes up that looks like it's going to load and you hit the stop (or cancel) button and copy the link that it is trying to load, and open up another tab and paste the address in there, you are then able to download the file. This is a pain in the butt though, and wastes a lot of time since we do a ton of these a day and would slow down productivity. Can anyone think of what could be causing this to happen, and how I can solve this issue?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpowell71

dpowell71

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

I was having this same problem with a trusted site. I was trying to download a file that gets opened in Word that is on a secure website for medical dictations. I could hold the control key and the file would open just fine, but that is annoying and an extra step that I do not have time for. To fix the issue I opened IE8---->Tools---->Security---->Trusted Sites---->Custom Level---->Downloads---->Automatic Prompting for file Downloads---->enable. For some reason enabling this setting fixed the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users