Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop wallpaper stuck as "streched" instead of "center"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indolence

indolence

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

I am having trouble changing how the wallpaper is displayed on my desktop, from stretch to center.

I go to: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Desktop Background, and change the "Picture position" from 'stretch' to 'center'. When I click Save Changes, the change is not made and when I go back to fix it, the option is reverted back to stretch instead of center like how I changed it.

The reason for this is because the wallpaper is slightly larger than my desktop size, so when it is set to stretch, it compresses the image and distorts it. The only way I can temporarily fix this is to set an image on the internet as a background but it eventually reverts to stretch when I restart or log out.

Is there a way to fix this little nuisance? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aznmech

aznmech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:11 AM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/solution-to-wallpaper-stuck-on-stretch/b21ef913-6de9-42a7-bf75-8b4355975d46

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users